Monday, January 31, 2011

New Toy!

So, I am thirty.  Well, thirty and one day.  So far, so good.  The best part?  My new Kitchen Aid 12 Cup Food Processor.  I love her!  Yes, it's a her . . . Patty.  Yep, that's right, Patty the Food Processor.  The BEST gift my hubby ever gave me. Thanks, Honey.

So tonight I whipped up my favorite thing for dinner.  Curry Meatloaf!  YUM!

1 1/2 lbs. of your favorite meat mix (I used a meatloaf mix of Beef, Veal, and Pork)
1 Tsp. Curry Powder
1 Tsp. Cumin
1 Tsp. Cayenne Pepper (more or less depending on how spicy you like it)
1 Tsp. Coriander
1 Tsp. Garam Masala
2 Shallots
4 Cloves of Garlic
1/4 Cup of Plain Breadcrumbs
1/4 Cup Greek Yogurt
Salt
Pepper

Give your shallots and garlic a rough chop and throw them in your food processor.  Then toss the rest of your ingredients in and blitz them a couple of good times until they are well mixed.  Shape into a loaf and put on your favorite baking sheet (I used a cast iron skillet and it gave me a really nice crust).  Bake for about 45 minutes to an hour at 375 - 400 degrees.  My oven sucks, so I have to keep a close eye on everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment